The Erie County Department of Mental Health provides administrative leadership and ensures the coordination of a community based behavioral health system that is accessible, comprehensive, person centered and recovery focused.
The Erie County Department of Mental Health will empower stakeholders to access behavioral health services that promote hope, recovery and improved quality of life.
The Department will be guided by the following key values:
- Promoting choice, hope and independence
- Fostering practices that work
- Providing training and educational opportunities
- Advocating for parity and inclusion
- Ensuring collaborative partnerships with diverse stakeholders
- Delivering cultural competence