Erie County Legislator John Mills announces three upcoming Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) Outreaches to assist residents in need this year.
HEAP is a federally funded program to assist income eligible Erie County residents with the costs of home heating, electricity, and energy conservation. The HEAP outreach will be administered by the Erie County Departments of Social Services and Senior Services and is open to all income eligible households.
Legislator Mills will be hosting HEAP Outreaches on the following dates:
- Thursday, December 6, 2018 from 9am-4pm at the Concord Senior Center, 40 Commerce Drive Springville, NY
- Tuesday, January 15, 2019 from 9am-4pm at the Evans Town Hall, 8787 Erie Road Angola, NY
- Wednesday, February 20, 2019 from 9am-4pm at the Eden Town Hall, 2795 East Church Street, Eden, NY 14057
Applicants should come prepared with the following (see the HEAP web page for specific documentation requirements based on household situation):
- Proof of income received within last 30 days for all household members (pay stubs, SS or pension award letters, proof of child support, rental income, unemployment benefits, worker's comp, etc.)
- At least one form of ID for all household members, unless a driver’s license is provided
- Current utility bills, shut off or disconnect notices, if applicable
- Proof of all household resources including: current checking and savings account bank statements, proof of other resources (stocks, bonds, CDs, IRAs, 401k, etc.)
- If applicant is missing information, we allow the customer ten (10) business days to provide the information needed to fulfill application requirements.
2018-2019 monthly income guidelines can be found here.
For questions or additional information, please call the HEAP Hotline at (716) 858-7644 or HEAP Application Request Line at (716) 858-1969.
Also, Erie County residents can apply online by visiting www.mybenefits.ny.gov.