6/6/14: Flashing Light Debuts at Intersection of County, Strickler Roads in Clarence

Modified: January 23, 2015 3:58pm

Latest News

Redirecting to our new, updated website ...

Traffic Light Energized Friday; Accompanied by Paving & Drainage Improvements, Improved Sight Lines 

ERIE COUNTY, NY— The Erie County Department of Public Works has announced the completion of improvements to the intersection of County & Strickler roads in the Town of Clarence, the scene of several motor vehicle accidents in recent years that prompted calls for a safety audit assessment and enhancements to reduce accidents at the intersection. The safety audit assessment recommended the installation of the flashing light, which was energized for the first time today, along with improvements to sight lines leading up to the intersection. Paving and drainage improvements were also performed.

Begun in the fall of 2013, the project was completed ahead of the anticipated June 27, 2014 completion date. Funding for the improvements, which cost approximately $450,000, was secured through the Federal High Risk Rural Road program, with 90% of the Project covered by federal aid and the remaining 10% provided by Erie County. Installed by Erie County, the traffic signal will now be owned and maintained by the Town of Clarence.