Modified: May 3, 2016 10:05am
Social Adult Day Programs Offer Free Services, Health Fairs, Workshops
ERIE COUNTY, NY— As part of the celebration of Older Americans Month in May, the Erie County Department of Senior Services (“ECDSS”) will join Adult Day Programs around Erie County in offering services and workshops for older adults along with resources for caregivers. In Erie County, over 21% of the population is 60 years or older while over 8% of the population is 75 years or older.
“This month will provide extra opportunities for individuals caring for older loved ones to learn more about the resources available to them and network with other caregivers,” said Erie County Executive Mark C. Poloncarz. “Day services provide a chance to socialize, learn, grow, and rest and I encourage caregivers to find out more.”
Commissioner of Senior Services Randy Hoak said, “All older adults and their caregivers need to know that they are not alone and that many programs are available to assist their needs. Caring and committed partners across the county work together for the benefit of our seniors and their caregivers, and there are many options to explore when it comes to services and supports.”
For a calendar of ECDSS programs throughout May, click here.
- Catholic Charities’ A Gathering Place, 128 Wilson Street, Buffalo 14212, will provide free respite care for older adults and resources for caregivers from 10am-2pm on Saturday, May 14th. The day will include a free lunch. Reservations are required and can be made by calling 896-6388 x 212.
- Aurora Adult Day Services (“AADS”) is celebrating its 25th year of service to 21 communities in southern Erie County, NY. Come to an Open House on Saturday, May 7, 2016, from 10 am to 12 noon, at 101 King St., Suite B, East Aurora. Call (716)-652-4269 for more information.
- In honor of Older Americans Month, the Hamburg Senior Community Center located at 4540 Southwestern Boulevard in the Town of Hamburg will be hosting an open house on Saturday, May 14th from 10 am - 2 pm. Food trucks and refreshments will be available on-site for purchase. For more information, please call 646-0255.
- Lord of Life Adult Day Health Center, 1025 Borden Rd., Depew, NY 14043 will host an Open House & Tours from 10 am – 2 pm on Saturday, May 14th. Refreshments will be served. Please call Nancy at 668-8000 for more information.
- Seniors Unlimited Adult Day Care located at 2635 Delaware Ave, Buffalo, NY 14216, Suite A, will celebrate Older Americans Month on May 14th, 2016 from 10-2pm. The program will provide free lunch and free respite to families while resources will be made available to the caregivers. Receive a coupon for a free trial day at Seniors Unlimited Adult Day Care. Reservations can be made by calling 768-2371.
- Weinberg’s Garden Club Memory Impaired Adult Day, 2710 North Forest Rd, Getzville 14068 will host an open house from 10am-12pm, on Saturday, May 14th. RSVP by calling (716)-639-3311 (x2221).
Contact Erie County NYConnects at 716-858-8526 to learn about more options related to Long Term Services and Supports.
For more information:
On the Erie County Department of Senior Services, visit http://www2.erie.gov/seniorservices/.