- SHELTERS & CAMPSITES: To check campsite or shelter availability, you may call 716.858.8355 or submit an electronic request by clicking here. Campsite fees are $15/night for NON-ELECTRIC site, and $22/night for an ELECTRIC site. Shelter reservation fees vary. There is a 2 night minimum stay on the weekend.
- EVENTS: To inquire about holding an event in a park(s) please complete the event permit application form here. Once you complete the form, your application will be reviewed and responded to accordingly. SOME events Erie County Parks have hosted include but are not limited to the list below:
- RECREATIONAL (SEASONAL & ONE-TIME EVENTS)
- CROSS-COUNTRY & WINTER SPORTS EVENTS
- FUNDRAISERS or any other type of use for the parks and/or facilities, please call 716.858.7037
- BOUNCEHOUES, TENTS, AND/OR OTHER VARIOUS OUTDOOR RECREATIONAL EQUIPMENT: - Please submit an Outdoor Recreational Equipment (Bounce House/ Tent) Application (located under Forms & Applications) for review or call 716.858.7037 to discuss your plans for permit consideration. Requests and insurance must be submitted at least 4 weeks in advance. Tents larger than 19' x 19' are prohibited. Thank you.
Certain activities may require a certificate of insurance be provided in order to be permitted. For more details please call 716.858.7037.
1. Park Hours: 7am -Dusk (Winter Hours: Labor Day through Memorial Day) or 9pm (Summer Hours: Memorial Day through Labor Day). Reserved shelters & buildings are accessible from 10am - Park Close. Park staff will unlock the buildings at 10 am and re-lock them at the end of your rental.
2. Shelters are by reservations only. The quantity of people at shelter must not exceed the shelter limits.
3. Reservations (shelter & camping) may be made by calling 716.858.8355 or by submitting an electronic request by clicking HERE!
4. Reservation Fees are not transferable or refundable. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS. A fee will be assessed if a check is returned for nonsufficient funds.
5. Preservation of Property: Destruction or defacing of park property is prohibited. Please remove signs at the end of your event. Use of staples, nails and tacks is prohibited.
6. Traffic and Parking:
a. Speed limit is 15 mph.
b. NO parking more than 5 feet off roads or where prohibited by sign.
c. Driving off roadways is prohibited.
7. Fires shall be allowed only in grills, camping facilities and fire circles provided for that purpose, or grill furnished by Park patrons. All Fires shall be extinguished before leaving the site.
8. Garbage and Refuse: Littering and Dumping are prohibited. Please use carry-in/carry-out principle and place all garbage in proper refuse containers.
9. Dogs: Must be licensed and kept on leash at ALL TIMES. YOU MUST CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR DOG. Dogs are not allowed on county beaches.
10. Alcoholic Beverages: Beer and wine are by permit only. Shelter permit allows beer and wine (no alcohol in Casino Meeting Room). No other alcoholic beverages allowed.
11. All glass containers are prohibited.
12. Unreasonably loud noise or music and disorderly conduct is prohibited.
13. Bouncehouses, Tents and other outdoor recreational equipment (dunk tanks, miniature golf, etc.) are by Permit only. Tents larger than 19' x 19' are prohibited. Call 716.858.7037 for more information.
14. Commercial Enterprises and Large Events: are prohibited without a permit issued by the Parks Commissioner or his duly appointed agent.
15. Bicyclists: Must wear helmet at all times.
16. Hunting and Trapping: is prohibited in all County Park land. Fishing shall be allowed only in season and where posted.
17. Firearms: Carrying or discharging of firearms is prohibited.
18. ATV’s and snowmobiles: Must be insured and registered and remain on designated trails only.
a. ATVs are allowed only in Chestnut Ridge Park in designated outlying trails and by permit only.
b. All rules of permit must be followed. Call 858-8355/ http://www.erie.gov/parks
19. Horses and Riders: prohibited except on designated trails at County Forestry Saw Mill/ Sugar Shack Area (Genesse Rd, Sardinia), Sgt Mark A. Rademacher Memorial Park/Hunters Creek Park and Boston Forest.
20. Mountain Biking: Prohibited except on designated trails at Sprague Brook Park and Sgt. Mark A. Rademacher Memorial Park/Hunters Creek Park.
21. Do not cut or destroy any trees, plant life or disturb wildlife.
22. DECORATIONS: May be applied with sticky-tac only. Absolutely no tape, tacks, staples or nails can be used at any time. Nothing can be affixed to ceilings or fans. Tableclothes can not be stapled or tacked to table. Absolutely NO BALLOONS. Any damage caused by using unauthorized items will be charged back to the permit holder.
23. Any damage caused to rented facilities will be charged back to the permit holder.