The Erie County AOT Program supports the following values in implementing services under Section §9.60 of the NYS Mental Hygiene Law:
- To help each mental health consumer who is referred to the Program to achieve and maintain stability through linkage with the most effective and least restrictive services available.
- To promote a flexible service delivery system providing each consumer opportunities to negotiate an individual service plan which is specific to his/her needs and preferences, with appropriate participation and support of service providers and significant others.
- To involve the consumer community in the overall planning and evaluation of services.
- To utilize Peer Support wherever possible to enhance consumer engagement and involvement in services.
- To utilize Diversion to the extent possible at every stage of the process, to maximize positive interventions and minimize legal constraints.
- To enhance the ability of consumers to live safely in the community.
- To serve as a resource to hospitals and other service providers in discharge planning and assisting consumers in making positive transitions between levels of care.
- To identify gaps in the service delivery system and to promote development of services to respond to needs.
- To continually improve AOT services through evaluation of service delivery initiatives.