Summary: To evaluate and provide connections and assistance to low-income seniors and their caregivers located in southern Erie County.
• Conducts a thorough intake of clients to determine the need for case management services.
• Provides information and referral services to the elderly, their families and other service providers via the telephone, in person and through community forums.
• Advocates on behalf of senior clients and caregivers with formal and informal support systems and provides linkages and referrals to agencies and programs that provide assistance to seniors.
• Intervenes in crisis situations, making appropriate referrals to agencies dealing with medical, environmental, mental health and utility emergencies.
• Attends meetings, trainings, and in-services as required by the Erie County Dept. of Senior Services and stays current with programs pertaining to seniors.
• Collaborates with WNYICC and other agency partners.
• Strong communication skills including listening skills
• Solid organizational skills
• Ability to maintain accurate and timely client records
• Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Bachelor’s degree
This is a full-time position.
Please forward cover letter and resume to bEagan@harmonia-care.org