Do you have CONCERNS ABOUT FALLING?
Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities. A MATTER of BALANCE is an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels.
This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- view falls as controllable
- set goals for increasing activity
- make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- exercise to increase strength and balance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- anyone concerned about falls
- anyone interested in improving balance, fexibility and strength
- anyone who has fallen in the past
- anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
Classes are held weekly for 8 weeks, 2 hours/class:
April 7 - May 26, 2016
Thursday mornings, 9:00am - 11:00am
960 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14202
There is NO CHARGE for this course, but you MUST REGISTER at:
Erie County Senior Services/NY Connects, (716)858-8526
Brought to you by Erie County Department of Senior Services / NY Connects.
A Matter of Balance: Managing Concerns about Falls Volunteer Lay Leader Model 2006
This program is based on Fear of Falling: A Matter of Balance. Copyright 1995 Trustees of Boston University.
All rights reserved. Used and adapted by permission of Boston University.
A Matter of Balance Lay Leader Model
Recognized for Innovation and Quality in Healthcare and Aging, 2006, American Society on Aging.
A Matter of Balance Lay Leader Model was developed by a grant from the Administration on Aging (#90AM2780).