PUBLIC NOTICE (Click for PDF of Public Notice)
Erie County/Town of Hamburg 2017 DRAFT Action Plan of the Five-Year Consolidated Plan 2015-2019:
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
- Home Investment Partnership Grant (HOME), and
- Emergency Solutions Grant (HESG)
The Erie County Department of Environment and Planning, on behalf of the Erie County Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnership Consortia, has prepared a draft 2017 Action Plan. The document outlines the Consortia’s goals and objectives relative to housing, economic development, community development and homeless issues with specific attention given to the needs of low/moderate households residing in the Consortia communities.
The following municipalities comprise the CDBG Consortium:
|City of Lackawanna||Town of Eden||Town of Sardinia||Village of Lancaster|
|City of Tonawanda||Town of Elma||Town of Wales||Village of North Collins|
|Town of Alden||Town of Evans||Town of West Seneca||Village of Orchard Park|
|Town of Aurora||Town of Grand Island||Village of Akron||Village of Springville|
|Town of Boston||Town of Holland||Village of Alden|
|Town of Brant||Town of Lancaster||Village of Angola|
|Town of Clarence||Town of Marilla||Village of Depew|
|Town of Colden||Town of Newstead||Village of East Aurora|
|Town of Collins||Town of North Collins||Village of Farnham|
|Town of Concord||Town of Orchard Park||Village of Gowanda|
The HOME Consortium includes the above communities, as well as the Town of Hamburg and the Villages of Blasdell and Hamburg.
The Action Plan for 2017 provides a basis for assessing performance against the Consolidated Plan and identifies specific projects for 2017. It also serves as a combined application for federal funds under three (3) of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) formula grant programs, including CDBG, HOME and HESG.
The following HUD entitlement grants are anticipated:
- Erie County CDBG of $2,699,960 plus estimated program income of $441,606;
- Town of Hamburg CDBG of $360,000 plus estimated program income of $180,000;
- Erie County HOME Grant of $652,871 plus estimated program income and/or recaptured funds of $96,928; and
- Erie County Emergency Solutions Grant of $217,650.
A public comment period on the draft Action Plans will be held from January 13 to February 13, 2017. Hard copies of the draft Action Plan are available at the following locations:
- Erie County Department of Environment and Planning, Edward A. Rath Building, 95 Franklin Street – Room 1053, Buffalo;
- Public Libraries in the Villages of Akron, Angola and Hamburg; the Towns of Concord, Lancaster and Hamburg (Lakeshore Library); and the Cities of Buffalo (Main Branch), Lackawanna and Tonawanda;
- Lackawanna City Hall;
- Tonawanda Municipal Building,
- Hamburg Town Hall,
- Hamburg Community Development Office at 6122 South Park Avenue,
- Lackawanna Municipal Housing Authority and Tonawanda Municipal Housing Authority.
You can also view the draft Action Plan on Erie County’s web site at http://www2.erie.gov/environment or you can view the Town of Hamburg’s draft Action Plan at its website at www.townofhamburgny.com/cdbg.
Three (3) public hearings have been scheduled to discuss the draft Action Plans mentioned above. The public is encouraged to attend these hearings, which will be held on:
- Tuesday, January 24 at 6:30 p.m., Lackawanna Public Library, Community Room, 560 Ridge Road, Lackawanna
- Wednesday, January 25 at 7:00 p.m., Hamburg Town Hall, Lobby, 6100 South Park Avenue, Hamburg
- Thursday, January 26 at 7:00 p.m., City of Tonawanda, Court Room, 200 Niagara Street, Tonawanda
Meeting rooms are fully accessible. Persons with special needs should contact the Community Development Program at 858-8390 or write to the address listed below by January 20, 2017.
Written comments on the draft Action Plan will be accepted through February 13, 2017 by Paul D’Orlando, Principal Contract Monitor, Erie County Department of Environment and Planning, Edward A. Rath County Office Building, 95 Franklin Street– 10th Floor, Buffalo, NY 14202. Fax number, 858-7248 and e-mail address paul.d’firstname.lastname@example.org.
Written comments on Hamburg’s draft Action Plan will be accepted through February 13, 2017 by the Town of Hamburg Department of Community Development; 6100 South Park Avenue, Hamburg NY 14075 or via e-mail to email@example.com.
Non-English speaking persons or persons with Limited English Proficiency or special needs should contact Mariely Ortiz at (716) 858-1916 or Mariely.Ortiz@erie.gov for further assistance or to access documents in another language.
Para asistencia en Español, puede contactar a Mariely Ortiz (716) 858-1916 o Mariely.Ortiz@erie.gov